WELCOME

Thank You for visiting my site!!
If you click on a photo, it wll enlarge it for better viewing.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tea Party Centerpiece Tutorial

Some of you have been following the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot and my blog to know that all this month we are celebrating our ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY at Cuttlebug Challenge!! Each Design Team member chose a theme for their party and I chose...Tea Party Birthday!! If you are new, please enjoy what the Design Team has created for you thus far.

I am so excited to show you what I made for my Tea Party centerpiece! Trust me, this was so easy to do, but actually looks like a lot went into it.

Here are the supplies I used. Now, most of you know that I will pull together what I think I'm going to use, but by the time I get started I always end up adding or taking something away. That's ok; you can do that :) I bought a square styrofoam block and cut it down to the size I wanted for my project. Four sheets of Core'dination cardstock was cut about 1/4 inch taller than the block so I would have a valley to work with. I used my Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder on the cardstock and then used my sanding block to bring up the under color. Once I used my hot glue gun to attached the sides, I measured cardstock to cover the seams.
I was lucky enough to find strands of beads that I bought on sale after Christmas one year; how perfect for my 'look'!! I draped the beads and with plenty of hot glue tucked them into the corners. I did each strand separately.


For the flower stems, I found large craft sticks that were colored using Glitter Mist. Using my Rangers work mat, I sprayed Olive Vine Glitter Mist right on the mat and with a sponge brush, brushed on the 'paint'. I wish you could see the pretty sheen it left on the wood!
My flowers were cut using my Cricut; sorry don't remember which cartridge I used. Some flowers were embossed with the Swiss Dot folder and some were embossed with the Victoria folder. Also used with those flowers and alone were Prima flowers and Prima centers. Cuttlebug cut and emboss butterfly combo was used and lace for a bow. I used my Sizzix leaf/stem die with a little added Stickles. With the extra strands of beads, I arranged them inside the 1/4 well I had made.

Here is a close-up of the front where you can see how awesome the embossing looks on the Core'dinations cardstock.

Close-up of the butterfly

Here is a photo showing how it will look on my table


Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and be sure to visit Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot
You still have time to get your party put together by following each Be Inspired Wednesday and uploading your creation to Mr. Linky. There is a grand prize waiting for someone, but you must 'play' along to be entered.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful job on this Roe!!

Beth said...

Oh Roe my friend your centerpiece is beautiful and you also did a wonderful tutorial on it sorry so behind I have been under the weather most of the week (stinking ragweed)
Hugs