WELCOME

Thank You for visiting my site!!
If you click on a photo, it wll enlarge it for better viewing.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

HoneyBee Showcase April 13

This was a new challenge for me; Freezer Paper Stenciling!!..I wanted to do a place setting and decided to use my Pagoda cartridge to get the Asian look I was going for. I tried countless number of times to get the top part of the vase (that had the flowers), but the cut was to intricate and kept giving me a hard time. I decided to just use the base and from the same cartridge do a couple of flowers. So much easier!




The fold of the napkin is quit simple. I put the 'right' side down and folded it in half and then half again. This gave me a square. Then taking the top point, bring it down half way. Last step is folding back the sides. I wanted to make a pocket to hold the chopsticks! For my paint I used Tulip (Matte) Soft Fabric Paint. The vase is a mix of blue and green; the flowers are pink and orange.

Be sure to stop by Betty Bee's Buzz and check out what our HoneyBees have to share with you today!!

1 comment:

BettyBee said...

Roe, I just love this Asian setting. The design with the vase at the bottom, and the flowers at the top is just fabulous. The chopsticks are the perfect touch - and I know how much you love using them!! LOL
Great job on the Freezer Paper project! Thanks for bee~ing such a great HoneyBee.
Hugs!