WELCOME

Thank You for visiting my site!!
If you click on a photo, it wll enlarge it for better viewing.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New Wall Plaque

On Monday, Betty showed us how to use vinyl cut from our Cricuts over at Betty Bees Buzz.  It was time for me to make a new wall plaque for my craft room and decided now would be the time and use the vinyl technique.  I found a frame on sale at Michaels that I knew would work perfectly.  The frame is a 10 x 13 so I had to think of how using my 12x12 paper would work.  After covering the background with DCWV cardstock, I added a flower border to disguise the added cardstock.

Using Design Studio, I welded my letters from the Songbird cartridge and cut at 2 3/4 inches.  Using painters type to transfer onto the glass worked really well.  I just had to lift a small section of the first letter to get it started.  Before I removed the tape, I used my fingers to make sure the vinyl had a good hold to the glass.  The saying was done with the computer and popped on the glass.

Now it was time to add a pretty corner border. Keeping with my fun color scheme of pink and orange, my project was not completed.

Be sure to check out what the HoneyBees have for you today our HoneyBee Showcase at Betty Bees Buzz.  Also, now is your time to try a project and post it on the blog using Inlinkz.  We would love to see what you do!

No comments: