WELCOME

Thank You for visiting my site!!
If you click on a photo, it wll enlarge it for better viewing.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Photo on a candle

This is a project/tutorial I did for Betty Bees Buzz


For some of you, this technique is not new, but I'm hoping it will remind you how easy this is and what a great gift this would make for any occasion.


Some of you live in parts of the country that when you look at the landscape around you, you see the beautiful colors of reds, golds greens and browns that God has painted. Here in Central Florida, my palms are still green and my summer flowers are still blooming. While driving around, I will see a cluster of trees with shades of yellow and gold, but to get the true fall color palette I must create it myself.

For my project you will need:
Wax Paper
Scissors
Candle
Hair Dryer or Embossing Heat Gun
Rubber bands
photo

When you find the photo you would like to use on your candle, print it using regular white ink jet paper. Trim off excess paper around your photo.

Take your photo and place it where you would like it to be on your candle. Then, take the wax paper and wrap around the candle on top of the photo. Secure the wax paper with a rubber band on top and one towards the bottom. The wax from the paper will melt to infuse your photo to your candle.

With your heat gun (or blow dryer on high), slowly and evenly go over your photo. Keep your tool about 2 inches away and don't stay in one place too long. As the wax melts, you will see your photo get darker (shinier) letting you know that area is done. When you remove the wax paper and you see an area that is not infused, just put a piece of wax paper over it and heat until set.

When I did my candle, I did melt a small section near the tip of the photo. I was not concerned because I knew my embellishments would cover it. For those that know me, they know my saying is 'there are no mistakes'.lol..

You are now ready to add ribbon, flowers or whatever you would like to give your candle that one of a kind look.

I apologize for not having photos showing the steps. After I did my project, it wasn't until bed time that I realized I had forgotten to do something. If you have any questions, please ask and I will be more than happy to help you make a project you will love sharing.

Hear is my finished candle ready to display on my dining room table.

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Rosemary
This candle is absolutely gorgeous. Since fall is my favorite season this candle really is something I want to try. You are so talented,
Myrna

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This is just beautiful. I love the colors you used and I know how you feel about fall colors...I live in the southeast corner of Alabama. We sometimes have to make our own fall!